SECURITY OF CAPTURED DATA
When capturing member data it is passed through a secure Allianz server using encryption technology to ensure that your information is protected when being sent over the internet. This also applies to information that may be collected for Allianz by an agency e.g. when entering a competition, where it will also be passed through a secure server.
Additionally, all stored member information is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure passwords and user log-ins or other security procedures.
SIGNS OF OUR SECURE SERVICE
There are 2 ways to easily understand if you are in a secure area of our site.
The first is to look for a closed padlock symbol () in the address bar of your browser. This indicates that you are using a web page that utilises Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protection. Another sign of this level of security is to look at the address in your browser window. It will start with "https" rather than "http", which unsecured pages use. This indicates where we have employed additional measures to improve the security of our online transactions and other confidential communications.
The second element to look for our certificate issued by a trusted root certificate authority. This guarantees the identity of our website as it has been verified by a third party. By clicking on the padlock in the address bar, it will open information to confirm the validity of the certificate by a trust authority.
USE OF 'SESSION COOKIES' AS PART OF THE IDENTIFICATION PROCESS
WHAT ARE 'COOKIES' AND WHY USE THEM?
There are two types of cookies used by our web sites, 'session cookies' and 'persistent cookies'.
Cookies do not endanger your computer or operating system. A cookie is just a simple text file, which does not have anything to do with computer viruses.
Session cookies: In order to uniquely identify you within our secure services, we use a temporary cookie that maintains your access information during the working session. The cookie stores only the user data, which you use to identify yourself.
Persistent cookies are those that are stored on your computer even after you close your browser. We use persistent cookies so that we can collect anonymous data on what pages are being viewed on our websites so that we can deliver content that better meets our member needs.
This data is stored in a secure database and is only used internally to provide reporting on traffic patterns within our web sites. This data is only accessible by those people requiring it to produce reports and will not be provided to any third parties. All data logged is anonymous and no attempt will be made to identify individual users. See more information on our website tracking.
If you have not registered you must not attempt to access any part of the site reserved for registered users.
I CAN’T ACCESS THE CLUB MARINE WEBSITE
If you can't get to the Insurance Quote page, this is most likely due to configurations from:
- Your company's firewall. Please refer to the information below on connecting to Club Marine from work.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You may want to contact your ISP and enquire whether their other customers are able to access the secure (e.g., Insurance Quote, Renew and Agent Login) pages for Club Marine.
I CAN'T CONNECT TO CLUB MARINE FROM WORK
If you can't connect to the Club Marine service from work, it may be because:
- Your company policy does not permit access to non-work related Internet sites
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR CLUB MARINE AGENTS AND PARTNERS
AGENT LOGIN IDS
Access to the Club Marine NavStation is controlled using your Agent Login ID and password and it is therefore very important for you to protect your Agent login ID.
Protecting your Agent LOGIN ID
Here are some useful security tips to keep your AGENT login ID protected:
- Create a strong password which is at least 12 characters long and contains a combination of lower case letters, upper case letter, numbers and special characters.
- Do not share your Agent Login ID or password with anyone. This is unique to you and should only be used by you.
- Keep your password for Club Marine NavStation unique and do not use it for any other login or site.
- Always log out of Club Marine NavStation when you have finished using it and be mindful when logging into Club Marine NavStation on shared computers.
- Be mindful of your surrounding when logged into Club Marine NavStation and who or may be able to see your screen.
- Be mindful of any emails or phone calls which may claim to be from Club Marine and ask you to provide your password. Club Marine will never ask you to provide your password so this may be a scam.
WHAT DO I DO IF I THINK SOMEONE IS USING MY BUSINESS AGENT LOGIN ID?
Contact 1300 88 2582 immediately.